HousingWire HousingWire is the nation’s most influential source of news and information on housing and mortgage lending.
- What Omicron, bond market and jobs mean for housingby Sarah Wheeler on December 3, 2021 at 7:28 pm
We often have two to three job reports per year that miss estimates badly. However, remember that we have over 10 million job openings. The post What Omicron, bond market and jobs mean for housing appeared first on HousingWire.
- HW+ Member Spotlight: Reina Ramosby Sarahi De La Cuesta on December 3, 2021 at 5:30 pm
This week’s HW+ member spotlight features Reina Ramos, senior vice president, mortgage market leader at City National Bank of Florida, as she discusses what issues in the housing market keep her up at night. The post HW+ Member Spotlight: Reina Ramos appeared first on HousingWire.
- Residential construction jobs slowly returnby Brooklee Han on December 3, 2021 at 5:11 pm
The construction sector added a total of 31,000 jobs in November, on par with the two prior months, as unemployment overall dropped to 4.2%. The post Residential construction jobs slowly return appeared first on HousingWire.
- Zillow: Over half of our iBuying inventory is on the moveby Matthew Blake on December 2, 2021 at 11:50 pm
Zillow said Thursday that more than 50% of its remaining iBuying inventory “has sold, is under contract to sell or has reached agreement on disposition terms.” The post Zillow: Over half of our iBuying inventory is on the move appeared first on HousingWire.
- How lenders can serve the underserved in 2022by Jessica Davis on December 2, 2021 at 10:43 pm
It will fall to the mortgage originator to send out a clear message to home loan borrowers, letting them know their options and pushing for unfiltered contact with new homebuyers. If the industry doesn’t step up its new borrower outreach efforts, it could appear to government regulators that the industry isn’t taking the President’s mandate seriously. The post How lenders can serve the underserved in 2022 appeared first on HousingWire.
- Trump comes to the aid of GSE investorsby Georgia Kromrei on December 2, 2021 at 8:28 pm
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac shareholders hoping to be made whole in Collins v. Yellen have a new champion: former President Donald Trump. The post Trump comes to the aid of GSE investors appeared first on HousingWire.
- Nonbanks quick to implement 2022 conforming loan limitsby Maria Volkova on December 2, 2021 at 7:17 pm
One day after the FHFA announcement, Homepoint, Guaranteed Rate and UWM announced that they have already implemented the 2022 conforming loan limits The post Nonbanks quick to implement 2022 conforming loan limits appeared first on HousingWire.
- Fannie Mae revs up its credit-risk transfer machineryby Bill Conroy on December 2, 2021 at 5:58 pm
Fannie Mae is once again back in the credit-risk transfer market with a $984 million note offering through its Connecticut Avenue Securities real estate mortgage investment conduit The post Fannie Mae revs up its credit-risk transfer machinery appeared first on HousingWire.
- Housing inventory has never been lowerby RealTrends on December 2, 2021 at 5:36 pm
Housing inventory in America is at a crisis level. The number of active listings hit an all-time low last week, according to a report from Redfin. The post Housing inventory has never been lower appeared first on HousingWire.
- Mortgage rates remain flat as Omicron fears spreadby Flávia Furlan Nunes on December 2, 2021 at 2:50 pm
Mortgage rates increased one basis point to 3.11% in the week ending Dec. 2, ignoring the volatility in the financial markets caused by the Omicron Covid variant The post Mortgage rates remain flat as Omicron fears spread appeared first on HousingWire.
Fox News FoxNews.com – Breaking news and video. Latest Current News: U.S., World, Entertainment, Health, Business, Technology, Politics, Sports.
- Dickinson 23 points, 14 boards as No. 24 Michigan tops SD Ston December 4, 2021 at 10:42 pm
Hunter Dickinson stayed in school to work on his shot, particularly beyond the 3-point line, and it paid off as he and No. 24 Michigan bounced back from a disappointing showing.
- Joiner scores 20, Mississippi beats No. 18 Memphis 67-6ion December 4, 2021 at 10:37 pm
When Mississippi coach Kermit Davis scanned the final stat sheet, he chose the obvious explanation after the Rebels defeated No. 18 Memphis 67-63 on Saturday.
- No. 25 Seton Hall bench helps roll past DII Nyack 113-67on December 4, 2021 at 10:29 pm
No. 25 Seton Hall had a trio come off the bench and combine for 66 points, leading the Pirates to a 113-67 victory over Division II Nyack on Saturday.
- Man City goes top of EPL after Chelsea loses at West Hamon December 4, 2021 at 10:25 pm
Defending champion Manchester City is on top of the English Premier League for the first time this season.
- CNN terminates Chris Cuomo 'effective immediately'by Jon Brown on December 4, 2021 at 10:23 pm
CNN host Chris Cuomo was fired from the network “effective immediately” following the review of a law firm, according to a statement CNN released Saturday.
- Gillespie, Moore lead No. 6 Villanova past Saint Joe's 81-52on December 4, 2021 at 10:22 pm
Collin Gillespie scored 23 points to lead No. 6 Villanova to an 81-52 victory over Saint Joseph’s on Saturday.
- Football Hall of Famer Claude Humphrey dies as age 77on December 4, 2021 at 10:19 pm
Pro Football Hall of Famer Claude Humphrey, one of the NFL’s most fearsome pass rushers during the 1970s with the Atlanta Falcons but long overlooked on mostly losing teams, has died at the age of 77.
- Austin targets China in security forum address: 'China is not 10 feet tall'by Caitlin McFall on December 4, 2021 at 10:15 pm
Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin targeted China in his address Saturday at the Reagan National Defense Forum, telling Fox News’ Bret Baier, “China is not 10 feet tall.”
- Ben Roethlisberger spreading word about retiring after 2021 season: reportby Ryan Gaydos on December 4, 2021 at 10:09 pm
Ben Roethlisberger’s career could be coming to an end in a few weeks.
- Quinn Ewers leaving Ohio state, entering transfer portal with 3 teams in mind: reporton December 4, 2021 at 10:07 pm
Quinn Ewers is on his way out of Ohio State, announced Friday evening.