HousingWire HousingWire is the nation’s most influential source of news and information on housing and mortgage lending.
- More households paid their rent and mortgage in Q2 2021by Tim Glaze on August 4, 2021 at 8:26 pm
Fewer than five million households failed to make their rent or mortgage payments in the second quarter of 2021, down from Q1 The post More households paid their rent and mortgage in Q2 2021 appeared first on HousingWire.
- eXp CEO loves Glenn Stearns’ star powerby Matthew Blake on August 4, 2021 at 7:57 pm
Residential real estate brokerage eXp continues to be profitable, and company CEO Glenn Sanford became a fan of Glenn Stearns through reality television. HW+ Premium Content. The post eXp CEO loves Glenn Stearns’ star power appeared first on HousingWire.
- The Treasury’s $10B Homeowners Assistance Fundby Georgia Kromrei on August 4, 2021 at 4:05 pm
Trouble paying for firewood, heating oil or back property taxes for your home because of Covid-19? The Homeowners Assistance Fund (HAF) can help with that. The post The Treasury’s $10B Homeowners Assistance Fund appeared first on HousingWire.
- Citi adds Liz Bryant to mortgage exec teamby James Kleimann on August 4, 2021 at 4:01 pm
Citi announced this week that it had appointed industry veteran Liz Bryant as the new head of retail mortgage sales for the U.S. The post Citi adds Liz Bryant to mortgage exec team appeared first on HousingWire.
- 30-year mortgage rate tracked by MBA drops below 3%by Tim Glaze on August 4, 2021 at 11:00 am
Mortgage applications dipped 1.7% in the week ending July 30, despite the 30-year fixed rate falling to its lowest level in six months. The post 30-year mortgage rate tracked by MBA drops below 3% appeared first on HousingWire.
- Biden announces new CDC eviction limitsby Georgia Kromrei on August 3, 2021 at 11:07 pm
The Centers for Disease Control on Tuesday issued new limits on evictions for non-payment of rent or mortgage through October 3, 2021. The post Biden announces new CDC eviction limits appeared first on HousingWire.
- Drones, 5g, and VR dot future of real estate techby Tim Glaze on August 3, 2021 at 10:43 pm
Cyber security, 5G, drones and virtual reality are expected to have the biggest impact on real estate in the next two years, per NAR. The post Drones, 5g, and VR dot future of real estate tech appeared first on HousingWire.
- Rocket Mortgage breaks into the solar industryby Maria Volkova on August 3, 2021 at 9:07 pm
Rocket Mortgage has its eyes on the solar energy industry, announcing this week that it will enter the green energy game by 2022. The post Rocket Mortgage breaks into the solar industry appeared first on HousingWire.
- Figure to merge with mortgage lender Homebridgeby James Kleimann on August 3, 2021 at 7:48 pm
Figure Technologies intends to merge with Homebridge Financial Services, which could reshape the technology landscape of the mortgage industry through blockchain The post Figure to merge with mortgage lender Homebridge appeared first on HousingWire.
- This is not 2008 all over again for the housing marketby Sarah Wheeler on August 3, 2021 at 6:36 pm
When you hear people say that the current housing market is like 2008 all over again, you may want to remind them of the huge differences between this market and that one. HW+ Premium Content. The post This is not 2008 all over again for the housing market appeared first on HousingWire.
FOX News FOXNews.com – Breaking news and video. Latest Current News: U.S., World, Entertainment, Health, Business, Technology, Politics, Sports.
- Don’t expect starters in Cowboys-Steelers Hall of Fame gameon August 4, 2021 at 9:53 pm
If you’re looking for stars during Hall of Fame enshrinement week, concentrate on the museum itself and the inductions this weekend.
- Christina Haack calls out critics who leave negative comments on her posts featuring latest boyfriendby Lauryn Overhultz on August 4, 2021 at 9:50 pm
Christina Haack criticized Instagram users for leaving negative comments on her photos with her new boyfriend Joshua Hall. The “Flip or Flop” star spoke out in the caption of a photo of herself and the Austin-based realtor.
- Rays beat Mariners 4-3 to avoid season series sweepon August 4, 2021 at 9:49 pm
Randy Arozarena had a two-run triple during a three-run third and the AL East-leading Tampa Bay Rays beat the Seattle Mariners 4-3 on Wednesday to avoid a season series sweep.
- Pennsylvania man shot and killed by police after allegedly pointing gun at cops, mother is found stabbedby Paul Best on August 4, 2021 at 9:46 pm
Police officers in Pennsylvania shot and killed a 22-year-old man shortly before midnight on Tuesday after he allegedly pointed a gun at cops who were responding to a report of a stabbing and found the man’s mother with multiple wounds, according to Montgomery County District Attorney Kevin Steele.
- Brews’ Axford out for year after 1 game; Lauer on COVID liston August 4, 2021 at 9:46 pm
The Milwaukee Brewers’ pitching staff has taken a couple more hits with John Axford now out for the season with elbow trouble and Eric Lauer joining the team’s growing COVID-19 injured list.
- Border Patrol sees unprecedented number of Brazilians crossing US-Mexico borderby Bradford Betz on August 4, 2021 at 9:32 pm
U.S. Border Patrol says agents have apprehended an unprecedented number of Brazilian nationals illegally crossing the U.S. border at the San Diego Sector in California this year.
- Time’s Up co-founders helped Gov Cuomo in drafting letter attacking accuser Lindsey Boylan: AG reportby Jessica Chasmar on August 4, 2021 at 9:31 pm
Two women who helped found the anti-harassment group Time’s Up during the height of the #MeToo Movement helped New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s office in drafting a letter that smeared one of his accusers and “impugned her credibility,” the state attorney general said in her bombshell report Tuesday.
- Sydney McLaughlin’s Olympic gold celebrated in viral video by her NJ alma materby Daniel Canova on August 4, 2021 at 9:24 pm
American superstar sprinter Sydney McLaughlin clocked in at 51.46 in the 400-meter hurdles at the Tokyo Olympics and broke her own world record to win her first Olympic gold medal on Wednesday.
- USS Bonhomme Richard fire suspect hated Navy, dropped out of SEAL training, documents sayby Louis Casiano on August 4, 2021 at 9:21 pm
The sailor accused of setting fire to a naval amphibious assault ship that burned for five days and injured 71 people voiced hatred of the Navy and attempted to become a Navy SEAL, according to a search warrant affidavit.
- Chris Cuomo isn’t the only high-powered CNN honcho with close ties to Gov. Cuomoby Brian Flood on August 4, 2021 at 9:16 pm
A high-powered CNN executive with close ties to embattled New York Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo could be the reason why the network has taken it easy on the “Cuomo Prime Time” namesake for his role in the governor’s ongoing sexual harassment scandal, according to Fox News contributor Ari Fleischer.