HousingWire HousingWire is the nation’s most influential source of news and information on housing and mortgage lending.
- Existing home sales fall due to lack of housing inventoryby Tim Glaze on April 22, 2021 at 3:23 pm
Existing home sales fell for the second consecutive month — down 3.7% — on lack of inventory and rising home prices, according to NAR. The post Existing home sales fall due to lack of housing inventory appeared first on HousingWire.
- Mortgage rates drop below 3% for the first time in monthsby Alex Roha on April 22, 2021 at 2:00 pm
For the first time in nearly two months mortgage rates dropped below 3% last week, down seven basis points to 2.97%, according to Freddie Mac’s PMMS. The post Mortgage rates drop below 3% for the first time in months appeared first on HousingWire.
- Charter Title forms Hispanic division for Nebraska marketsby Tim Glaze on April 21, 2021 at 8:34 pm
Nebraska-based Charter Title and Escrow has formed a Hispanic division to assist Spanish-speaking customers, realtors and loan officers in the region. The post Charter Title forms Hispanic division for Nebraska markets appeared first on HousingWire.
- Credit scores, and the end of mortgage forbearanceby Alex Roha on April 21, 2021 at 7:44 pm
In a panel at MBA’s spring conference, credit reporting experts broke down how transparency in credit reporting helped borrowers scores stay afloat. HW+ Premium Content The post Credit scores, and the end of mortgage forbearance appeared first on HousingWire.
- Fairway Mortgage to partner with Milwaukee Brewersby Tim Glaze on April 21, 2021 at 6:41 pm
Wisconsin-based Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation announced a multi-year partnership with Major League Baseball’s Milwaukee Brewers. The post Fairway Mortgage to partner with Milwaukee Brewers appeared first on HousingWire.
- Hispanic homeownership surged in 2020by Matthew Blake on April 21, 2021 at 6:25 pm
Hispanic homeownership reached 8.8 million in 2020, a gain of 725,000 from the prior year, according to a new report from an industry trade group. The post Hispanic homeownership surged in 2020 appeared first on HousingWire.
- The CFPB is coming for you: here’s how to prepareby Georgia Kromrei on April 21, 2021 at 5:22 pm
If you’re caught in the sights of the CFPB — or if you’re hoping to avoid the regulator’s scrutiny altogether — here’s what you need to know in 2021. HW+ Premium Content The post The CFPB is coming for you: here’s how to prepare appeared first on HousingWire.
- Margin compression could serve as accelerant toward digital closingsby Lesley Collins on April 21, 2021 at 5:15 pm
As a leader in the adoption, implementation and use of digital mortgages Camelia Martin’s breadth of experience has never been more relevant to the industry. A 2020 Woman of Influence, Martin joined Snapdocs earlier this year as Head of Industry and Regulatory Affairs. The post Margin compression could serve as accelerant toward digital closings appeared first on HousingWire.
- Sales of luxury homes skyrocket in first quarterby Tim Glaze on April 21, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Sales of luxury homes rose 41.6% year-over-year in the first quarter of 2021, crushing sales of affordable homes and mid-priced homes. The post Sales of luxury homes skyrocket in first quarter appeared first on HousingWire.
- FHFA sets extensions and expirations on loan flexibilitiesby Alex Roha on April 21, 2021 at 3:19 pm
FHFA announced that due to “low usage,” it is no longer extending expirations on certain temporary loan origination flexibilities for Fannie and Freddie. The post FHFA sets extensions and expirations on loan flexibilities appeared first on HousingWire.
FOX News FOXNews.com – Breaking news and video. Latest Current News: U.S., World, Entertainment, Health, Business, Technology, Politics, Sports.
- ‘Tiger King’ star Joe Exotic accepts Carole Baskin’s offer to help him get out of prisonby Tyler McCarthy on April 22, 2021 at 4:48 pm
Joe Exotic is turning to an unlikely source to help him get out of prison — his rival and Big Cat Rescue CEO Carole Baskin.
- Tennessee DA releases footage of fatal shooting of student who brought gun to school; officer won’t be chargedby Stephen Sorace on April 22, 2021 at 4:47 pm
The officer who fatally shot a student who brought a gun to a Tennessee high school last week will not face criminal charges, officials announced Wednesday while reviewing officer-worn body camera footage with the public for the first time.
- Former Trump administration official mulling GOP challenge against Cheneyby Paul Steinhauser on April 22, 2021 at 4:46 pm
Perry Pendley, who served as acting director of the Bureau of Land Management during the Trump administration, is expected on Thursday evening to give a speech in his home state of Wyoming where he’ll strongly hint at launching a Republican primary challenge against embattled Rep. Liz Cheney.
- America’s biggest environmentalists and their private planesby Evie Fordham on April 22, 2021 at 4:41 pm
Many U.S. climate activists celebrated Earth Day on Thursday and praised the Biden administration’s latest emissions goal.
- China underreporting severity of air pollution levels, new study suggestsby Megan Henney on April 22, 2021 at 4:33 pm
Air pollution data in China may have been manipulated by local officials, according to a new study conducted by Harvard and Boston University researchers.
- Consumer Reports test shows how Tesla’s Autopilot can operate without anyone in the driver seatby Gary Gastelu on April 22, 2021 at 4:30 pm
Consumer Reports has demonstrated a way to trick a Tesla into operating with its Autopilot system without anyone in the driver seat. The test comes in the wake of a fatal accident that claimed two lives in which no one was found in the driver’s seat.
- FOX News Media awards Dr. Charles Krauthammer Memorial Scholarship to Marin ‘Pei Pei’ Martinby Brian Flood on April 22, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Marin “Pei Pei” Martin, the daughter of Fox News Digital senior opinion editor, Lynne Jordal Martin, was selected as the latest recipient of the annual Dr. Charles Krauthammer Memorial Scholarship, FOX News Media CEO Suzanne Scott announced on Thursday.
- Oregon teacher: White educators should be ‘as bold’ as Capitol rioters in anti-racism pushby Sam Dorman on April 22, 2021 at 4:23 pm
An Oregon school district hosted a diversity summit in which participants encouraged White educators to be as bold as Capitol rioters and pressured others into pursuing “anti-racist” ideology.
- Oakland, CA police chief weighs in on Columbus police-involved shootingby Fox News Staff on April 22, 2021 at 4:21 pm
Oakland, California Chief of Police Leronne Armstrong weighed in Thursday on the police shooting of 16-year-old Ma’Khia Bryant in Colombus, Ohio.
- COVID-19 antibodies found in dogs in Washington state, officials sayby Madeline Farber on April 22, 2021 at 4:21 pm
More than a dozen dogs in Washington state have tested positive for COVID-19 antibodies, indicating they were once exposed to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes a COVID-19 infection.