HousingWire HousingWire is the nation’s most influential source of news and information on housing and mortgage lending.
- Foreclosures down in April as moratorium continuesby Tim Glaze on May 14, 2021 at 9:03 pm
RealtyTrac and ATTOM Data Solutions found the number of properties with foreclosure filings in April are down 1% month over month and 17% year over year. The post Foreclosures down in April as moratorium continues appeared first on HousingWire.
- Generation X is looking to move to these metrosby Jordan White on May 14, 2021 at 7:35 pm
Millennials aren’t the only generation in the market for their dream home. Right now, Generation X makes up over a quarter of potential homebuyers. The post Generation X is looking to move to these metros appeared first on HousingWire.
- Why does credit matter so much in the home-buying process? Here’s the scoopby Maleesa Smith on May 14, 2021 at 6:15 pm
If you’re finding that your credit score is more of a hindrance than an asset to your home-buying endeavors, never fear. There are methods to improve and maintain your credit as you move toward buying a home. The post Why does credit matter so much in the home-buying process? Here’s the scoop appeared first on HousingWire.
- Former TIAA CEO joins Notarize board of directorsby Tim Glaze on May 14, 2021 at 5:05 pm
Roger Ferguson Jr., the former CEO of TIAA, has joined the Notarize board of directors, the company announced on Thursday. The post Former TIAA CEO joins Notarize board of directors appeared first on HousingWire.
- How do we make real progress on the homeownership gap?by Sarahi De La Cuesta on May 14, 2021 at 5:00 pm
“I would argue that public policy has actually eroded the strength of forceful leadership needed to make any dent in this area,” David H. Stevens, former president and CEO of the MBA, said, addressing minority homeownership. HW+ Premium Content The post How do we make real progress on the homeownership gap? appeared first on HousingWire.
- A guide for homebuyers looking to buy their dream homeby Jordan White on May 14, 2021 at 4:15 pm
Low interest rates aren’t the only thing homebuyers should consider while shopping. Here’s a checklist to ensure you find your dream home. The post A guide for homebuyers looking to buy their dream home appeared first on HousingWire.
- UWM has a plan to win a war of mortgage attritionby James Kleimann on May 14, 2021 at 1:15 pm
UWM’s margins will fall all the way down to 75 to 110 bps. Mat Ishbia says it’s the perfect environment to prove that his mortgage firm is truly elite. HW+ Premium Content The post UWM has a plan to win a war of mortgage attrition appeared first on HousingWire.
- Genworth mortgage insurance arm IPO on iceby Georgia Kromrei on May 13, 2021 at 6:59 pm
Genworth Financial said it will delay the initial public offering of its recently rebranded mortgage insurance arm, Enact Holdings. The post Genworth mortgage insurance arm IPO on ice appeared first on HousingWire.
- New home sales battled scorching prices in Aprilby Alex Roha on May 13, 2021 at 6:27 pm
Mortgage applications for new homes dropped 9% in April from March, however, overall applications are still up a whopping 30.8% year over year. The post New home sales battled scorching prices in April appeared first on HousingWire.
- How does the FHFA 7% loan cap on GSEs affect originators?by Thomas Hutchens on May 13, 2021 at 3:24 pm
The FHFA has limited GSEs to a 7% cap on loan purchases for second home and investment properties. Here’s how this impacts originators: The post How does the FHFA 7% loan cap on GSEs affect originators? appeared first on HousingWire.
FOX News FOXNews.com – Breaking news and video. Latest Current News: U.S., World, Entertainment, Health, Business, Technology, Politics, Sports.
- K.H. Lee gets 1st PGA Tour win at Nelson, qualifies for PGAon May 16, 2021 at 10:21 pm
- Alex Bowman’s car catches fire after NASCAR Dover winon May 16, 2021 at 10:21 pm
Alex Bowman led Hendrick Motorsports to a 1-2-3-4 finish at NASCAR’s Dover Cup Series race. The win was his second of the season.
- Wild pitch in the 9th lifts Athletics past Twins 7-6on May 16, 2021 at 10:17 pm
Matt Chapman had three hits and three RBIs and Ramón Laureano scored the go-ahead run on a wild pitch in the ninth inning Sunday as the Oakland Athletics defeated the Minnesota Twins 7-6.
- Three violent attacks mark another morning of NYC subway mayhemon May 16, 2021 at 10:14 pm
One straphanger was robbed at gunpoint and two others socked in the face early Sunday morning in another round of public transit violence, according to law enforcement sources.
- Nashville gas station trolls Hunter Biden: ‘Hope gas prices don’t get too high’by Angelica Stabile on May 16, 2021 at 10:04 pm
Lewis Country Store in Nashville, Tennessee is poking fun at rising gas prices under the watch of the Biden administration.
- Governors caught flatfooted by Biden’s mask reversalby Matt Leach on May 16, 2021 at 9:50 pm
Nebraska Governor Pete Ricketts said he found out about the CDC’s new guidance declaring it safe for most fully vaccinated Americans to stop wearing masks and end social distancing practices through news reports, not from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or President Biden’s administration.
- Four-run eighth sends Astros past Rangers, 6-2on May 16, 2021 at 9:46 pm
Chas McCormick had a two-run single as part of a four-run eighth, Lance McCullers Jr. threw six scoreless innings and the Houston Astros won their sixth straight, 6-2 over the Texas Rangers on Sunday.
- Spanish politician temporarily suspended by Twitter after saying ‘a man cannot get pregnant’by Lucas Manfredi on May 16, 2021 at 9:44 pm
Contreras’ comments were in response to an article he shared on the social media platform about a transgender male who announced they were a father after giving birth to a baby girl.
- Semien has 3 hits, 3 RBIs, Blue Jays beat depleted Phillies 10-8on May 16, 2021 at 9:42 pm
Marcus Semien and Bo Bichette hit consecutive first-inning homers, Randal Grichuk had a two-run double in a five-run second and the Toronto Blue Jays hung on to beat the injury-depleted Philadelphia Phillies 10-8 on Sunday.
- Wood improves to 5-0, Yastrzemski HR as Giants beat Pirateson May 16, 2021 at 9:36 pm
Alex Wood pitched six innings while keeping his perfect record intact and Mike Yastrzemski hit a game-sealing home run as the San Francisco Giants beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 4-1 on Sunday.