HousingWire HousingWire is the nation’s most influential source of news and information on housing and mortgage lending.
- More households paid their rent and mortgage in Q2 2021by Tim Glaze on August 4, 2021 at 8:26 pm
Fewer than five million households failed to make their rent or mortgage payments in the second quarter of 2021, down from Q1 The post More households paid their rent and mortgage in Q2 2021 appeared first on HousingWire.
- eXp CEO loves Glenn Stearns’ star powerby Matthew Blake on August 4, 2021 at 7:57 pm
Residential real estate brokerage eXp continues to be profitable, and company CEO Glenn Sanford became a fan of Glenn Stearns through reality television. HW+ Premium Content. The post eXp CEO loves Glenn Stearns’ star power appeared first on HousingWire.
- The Treasury’s $10B Homeowners Assistance Fundby Georgia Kromrei on August 4, 2021 at 4:05 pm
Trouble paying for firewood, heating oil or back property taxes for your home because of Covid-19? The Homeowners Assistance Fund (HAF) can help with that. The post The Treasury’s $10B Homeowners Assistance Fund appeared first on HousingWire.
- Citi adds Liz Bryant to mortgage exec teamby James Kleimann on August 4, 2021 at 4:01 pm
Citi announced this week that it had appointed industry veteran Liz Bryant as the new head of retail mortgage sales for the U.S. The post Citi adds Liz Bryant to mortgage exec team appeared first on HousingWire.
- 30-year mortgage rate tracked by MBA drops below 3%by Tim Glaze on August 4, 2021 at 11:00 am
Mortgage applications dipped 1.7% in the week ending July 30, despite the 30-year fixed rate falling to its lowest level in six months. The post 30-year mortgage rate tracked by MBA drops below 3% appeared first on HousingWire.
- Biden announces new CDC eviction limitsby Georgia Kromrei on August 3, 2021 at 11:07 pm
The Centers for Disease Control on Tuesday issued new limits on evictions for non-payment of rent or mortgage through October 3, 2021. The post Biden announces new CDC eviction limits appeared first on HousingWire.
- Drones, 5g, and VR dot future of real estate techby Tim Glaze on August 3, 2021 at 10:43 pm
Cyber security, 5G, drones and virtual reality are expected to have the biggest impact on real estate in the next two years, per NAR. The post Drones, 5g, and VR dot future of real estate tech appeared first on HousingWire.
- Rocket Mortgage breaks into the solar industryby Maria Volkova on August 3, 2021 at 9:07 pm
Rocket Mortgage has its eyes on the solar energy industry, announcing this week that it will enter the green energy game by 2022. The post Rocket Mortgage breaks into the solar industry appeared first on HousingWire.
- Figure to merge with mortgage lender Homebridgeby James Kleimann on August 3, 2021 at 7:48 pm
Figure Technologies intends to merge with Homebridge Financial Services, which could reshape the technology landscape of the mortgage industry through blockchain The post Figure to merge with mortgage lender Homebridge appeared first on HousingWire.
- This is not 2008 all over again for the housing marketby Sarah Wheeler on August 3, 2021 at 6:36 pm
When you hear people say that the current housing market is like 2008 all over again, you may want to remind them of the huge differences between this market and that one. HW+ Premium Content. The post This is not 2008 all over again for the housing market appeared first on HousingWire.
FOX News FOXNews.com – Breaking news and video. Latest Current News: U.S., World, Entertainment, Health, Business, Technology, Politics, Sports.
- Dr. Dre’s eldest daughter, LaTanya Young, says she’s homeless and living out of her car despite pleas for helpon August 4, 2021 at 11:23 pm
LaTanya Young, who works for DoorDash and Uber Eats as a delivery driver, said in a new interview that she hasn’t received money from the Beats founder in a year and a half.
- CNN execs reportedly suggested Chris Cuomo take ‘temporary leave’ to advise brother amid scandalsby Joseph Wulfsohn on August 4, 2021 at 11:22 pm
CNN executives reportedly suggested to its star primetime anchor Chris Cuomo that he step back from his show to advise his brother, Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, amid growing scandals.
- Pentagon attack suspect shot himself with officer’s gun, FBI revealsby Bradford Betz on August 4, 2021 at 11:16 pm
The suspect in the deadly attack outside the Pentagon Tuesday morning killed himself with the gun of the officer who he had wounded with a knife, the FBI has revealed.
- Ryan Reynolds reveals details about his final phone call with Alex Trebekby Lauryn Overhultz on August 4, 2021 at 11:14 pm
“Free Guy” star Ryan Reynolds revealed what the final phone call between him and Alex Trebek was about. The actor became close with the “Jeopardy!” host after the two filmed cameos for each other’s projects.
- Charlize Theron soaks up some sun in black bikini while yachting in Greeceby Nate Day on August 4, 2021 at 11:01 pm
“The Old Guard” star Charlize Theron was spotted out and about in Greece enjoying some sun while wearing a black bikini.
- Texas authorities say multiple dead after van carrying suspected illegal immigrants crashes into poleby Bill Melugin on August 4, 2021 at 10:58 pm
A van full of undocumented immigrants crashed in South Texas, killing as many as 11 people and injuring 13, authorities said Wednesday.
- NY State Dem Chair says Cuomo removal ‘inevitable,’ warns governor not to ‘prolong’ situationby Thomas Barrabi on August 4, 2021 at 10:58 pm
New York State Democratic Party Chairman Jay Jacobs called for embattled Gov. Andrew Cuomo to resign on Wednesday, joining a growing list of major political figures who have spoken out since an independent investigation concluded the governor sexually harassed multiple women.
- Former Obama official calls for unvaccinated to be put on ‘no-fly list’by Andrew Miller on August 4, 2021 at 10:57 pm
A former Obama administration is calling for a federal “no-fly list” for Americans who are not vaccinated against the coronavirus.
- Cuomo accuser speaks out following AG sexual harassment report: Something was ‘not right’by Angelica Stabile on August 4, 2021 at 10:55 pm
Sherry Vill, Cuomo accuser, shared with “The Story” her “overly sexual” run-in with the New York governor.
- Angels’ Rendon needs hip surgery, ending injury-plagued yearon August 4, 2021 at 10:51 pm
Los Angeles Angels third baseman Anthony Rendon will have season-ending surgery on his right hip, finishing off an injury-plagued second year in Southern California.