HousingWire HousingWire is the nation’s most influential source of news and information on housing and mortgage lending.
- Keller Mortgage eliminates some operations positionsby Connie Kim on May 25, 2022 at 9:38 pm
Keller Mortgage laid off some closing managers, underwriter managers, processors, post closers, funders, and pipeline management positions. The post Keller Mortgage eliminates some operations positions appeared first on HousingWire.
- LOs and brokers, are you prepared for an evolving workforce?by Eunice Garcia on May 25, 2022 at 8:29 pm
With nearly 50% of the workforce today comprised of freelancers, gig-workers, the self-employed and small business owners, fewer borrowers fit the traditional mold required to secure conventional loans. Here’s what brokers and LOs need to know: The post LOs and brokers, are you prepared for an evolving workforce? appeared first on HousingWire.
- Sandra Thompson confirmed as FHFA directorby Georgia Kromrei on May 25, 2022 at 7:22 pm
The FHFA, which oversees the bulk of the mortgage market, now has a Senate-confirmed director: Sandra Thompson. The post Sandra Thompson confirmed as FHFA director appeared first on HousingWire.
- Lakeview Loan Servicing confronts wave of lawsuits after data breachby Bill Conroy on May 25, 2022 at 7:16 pm
Lakeview Loan Servicing faces at least a dozen civil lawsuits in the wake of a major cyberattack that compromised personal data of borrowers. The post Lakeview Loan Servicing confronts wave of lawsuits after data breach appeared first on HousingWire.
- VA removes pre-approval process for some loans￼by Maria Volkova on May 25, 2022 at 6:52 pm
The VA is streamlining the loan approval process for borrowers with a VA-appointed fiduciary and for borrowers that apply for a joint loan. The post VA removes pre-approval process for some loans￼ appeared first on HousingWire.
- GSEs still shun the low end of manufactured housingby Georgia Kromrei on May 25, 2022 at 6:47 pm
The GSEs may now be on the cusp of entering the chattel market, but can chattel loans be an engine for long-term wealth building? The post GSEs still shun the low end of manufactured housing appeared first on HousingWire.
- Opinion: why innovation in a builder matters to homebuyersby Tracey Velt on May 25, 2022 at 5:05 pm
Consumers today are looking for the whole package: innovation in home features, as well as in ways to shop for, tour and buy homes. Though the real estate industry has seen significant adoption of tech-enabled solutions, there’s still room for more innovation that will capture the loyalty of this new generation of homebuyers. The post Opinion: why innovation in a builder matters to homebuyers appeared first on HousingWire.
- Mortgage apps decline 1.2% despite drop in ratesby Connie Kim on May 25, 2022 at 2:02 pm
Despite a decline in mortgage rates last week, mortgage application volume was down 1.2% for the week ending May 20. The post Mortgage apps decline 1.2% despite drop in rates appeared first on HousingWire.
- Are new home sales flagging a recession?by Sarah Wheeler on May 24, 2022 at 9:05 pm
When new home sales and housing starts begin to fall together, a recession is usually not far away. However this report needs context. The post Are new home sales flagging a recession? appeared first on HousingWire.
- Lenders see appraisal modernization as a top priorityby Maria Volkova on May 24, 2022 at 7:05 pm
A Fannie Mae survey found that mortgage lenders place s high value on appraisal modernization, especially if it reduces time to close. The post Lenders see appraisal modernization as a top priority appeared first on HousingWire.
FOX News FoxNews.com – Breaking news and video. Latest Current News: U.S., World, Entertainment, Health, Business, Technology, Politics, Sports.
- Tucker: Following Texas school shooting and Buffalo tragedy, leaders should ask this questionby Tucker Carlson on May 26, 2022 at 2:40 am
‘Tucker Carlson Tonight’ host shreds the politicization of the Texas school shooting and reflects on how to stop increasing violence in the United States.
- Bernie Sanders, Lindsey Graham to debate key public policy in Fox Nation live eventby Charles Creitz on May 26, 2022 at 2:38 am
Independent Vermont Sen. Bernard Sanders will debate Republican South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham in an Oxford-style debate on Fox Nation.
- Ted Cruz, onstage during Beto O’Rourke outburst, condemns ‘political rallying’ at somber presserby Charles Creitz on May 26, 2022 at 2:37 am
Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz, who previously ran against Beto O’Rourke, condemned the El Paso Democrat for disrupting a Uvalde shooting news conference.
- Texas school shooting: Sen. Rubio calls for ‘multidisciplinary’ approach to school shooting preventionby Fox News Staff on May 26, 2022 at 2:20 am
Sen. Marco Rubio reacted to the school shooting tragedy in Uvalde, Texas, at Robb Elementary School, discussing how to prevent future school shootings.
- Cowboys’ Dak Prescott on Texas school shooting: ‘It makes me fearful to have children’by David Aaro on May 26, 2022 at 2:00 am
Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott said he is fearful to have children after the elementary school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, about 380 miles from Cowboys headquarters.
- Watters presents the ‘Primetime Plan’ in response to Uvalde school tragedy: Enough is enoughby Fox News Staff on May 26, 2022 at 1:48 am
Fox News host Jesse Watters reacted to the Uvalde, Texas, shooting at Robb Elementary School as well as politicians’ responses on “Jesse Watters Primetime.”
- Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski says he didn’t watch HBO interview on Deshaun Watsonon May 26, 2022 at 1:32 am
Cleveland Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski said during OTA’s Wednesday that he did not watch HBO’s piece on two of the women suing quarterback Deshaun Watson for alleged sexual misconduct
- Texas school shooting: MSNBC’s Joy Reid says ‘to hell’ to people who say ‘don’t politicize this’by Lindsay Kornick on May 26, 2022 at 1:24 am
MSNBC’s Joy Reid slammed politicians and other people for insisting that the deaths from the Ulvade, Texas mass shooting should not be politicized.
- 49ers’ Javon Kinlaw has profane verbal confrontation with reporter on live streamon May 26, 2022 at 1:16 am
San Francisco 49ers defensive lineman Javon Kinlaw got into a verbal profane confrontation with a reporter during a live stream on Tuesday evening
- Texas school shooting: ‘The Five’ co-host Pirro warns not to chalk it up exclusively to mental healthby Fox News Staff on May 26, 2022 at 1:07 am
“The Five” co-hosts reacted to the school shooting in Uvalde, Texas at Robb Elementary School, discussing mental health and other possible factors at play.